In order to rejuvenate, re-invigorate and restore sports back to its old glory in Lagos State. His Excellency, the Governor of Lagos State, Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN has with immediate effect dissolved the Boards of the Lagos State Sports Council and all the thirty-eight Sports Associations in the State with the exclusion of the Lagos State Football Association.
Wahid Enitan Oshodi, the Honourable Commissioner for Youth, Sports and Social Development stated this today in his office, while briefing the management of the Ministry at a meeting.
He further said that the members of the various Sports Associations had been serving on the Board for many years and there is the need to inject new blood that will introduce fresh ideas and latest techniques in sports management.
The State Government thanked all those who have served on the Sports Council and the various Sports Associations Boards a for a job well done and hoped they would be ready to serve further if called upon at anytime.
The Commissioner noted that the new Sports Association Boards would be reconstituted within the next two weeks so as not to create a vacuum with the plans and programs of the State Government on sporting activities. The Lagos State Sports Council Board would however be reconstituted at a future date to be announced.
If it can be recalled, the State would be hosting the next National Sports Festival (NSF) in 2012 and all hands must be on deck in order to ensure a memorable, successful, hitch free and never to be forgotten sports festival.
Enitan Oshodi has therefore advised Board members to hand over all Associations materials and documents to the Sports Secretaries immediately. Earlier those interested in being members of the Sports Associations had picked forms to indicate their interests and have also been advised to be on the lookout for further actions as regards the constitution of the new Boards.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
YSFON To Hold Another Prayer Session
The Youth Sports Federation of Nigeria,in conjunction with the family of their Late President, Jamiu Tunde Ojulari, have concluded plans to hold a 40th day prayers slated for October,22nd ,2011 at his Ilorin resident,Kwara State.
According to the YSFON National Deputy president, Jimmy Coker, said YSFON had accepted to bankroll a befitting prayers in honour of the deceased on the 22nd of October .
To this end, a nine man committee headed by Mustafa Allahdey has been put in place to see to the success of the programme.
Alhaji Jamiu Tunde Ojulari died on September 13th 2011 after a brief illness and he had since been buries according to Muslim rite.
Meanwhile, a condolence register book has been set aside at the National secretariat National Stadium Surulere, Lagos, for those wanting to pay him their tributes.
According to the YSFON National Deputy president, Jimmy Coker, said YSFON had accepted to bankroll a befitting prayers in honour of the deceased on the 22nd of October .
To this end, a nine man committee headed by Mustafa Allahdey has been put in place to see to the success of the programme.
Alhaji Jamiu Tunde Ojulari died on September 13th 2011 after a brief illness and he had since been buries according to Muslim rite.
Meanwhile, a condolence register book has been set aside at the National secretariat National Stadium Surulere, Lagos, for those wanting to pay him their tributes.
Eucharia Invites 33 Players To Camp
Twenty seven home base and six foreign football player have been called up to Super Falcons camp.
The team's Head coach, Eucharia Uche, said the gesture was to prepare for the must win return leg match gainst Cameroon in readiness for the London 2012 Olympic Games qualifier which comes up on the 22nd of October, 2011, in Cameroon.
The invited foreign base players are Perpetua Nkwocha of Sunnana SK –Sweden, Faith Ikidi of Pitea IF –Sweden, Onome Ebi of Atasehir Belediyesi Sports Club –Turkey, Rita Chikwelu of Umea IK – Sweden.
Others are Helen Ukaonu of Sunnana SK –Sweden, Uchechi Sunday of FC Neunkirch –Switzerland
The camp which will be in two phases will open tomorrow at the Millenium hotel Abuja while the second phase will be at Abeokuta,Ogun State.
Josephine Chukwunonye of Rivers Angels, Gladys Akpa of Sunshine Queens
Blessing Edoho of Rivers Angels.
Rose Umeh of Nasarawa Amazons, Chinaza Nhetewesi of Sunshine Queens, Augusta Egwim of Delta Queens, Osinachi Ohale of Delta Queens.
Desire Oparanozie of Delta Queens, Amenze Aighewi of Rivers Angels, Oshoala Asisat of FC Robo, Chioma Nwagwu of Sunshine Queens, Esther Edem of Sunshine Queens.
The team's Head coach, Eucharia Uche, said the gesture was to prepare for the must win return leg match gainst Cameroon in readiness for the London 2012 Olympic Games qualifier which comes up on the 22nd of October, 2011, in Cameroon.
The invited foreign base players are Perpetua Nkwocha of Sunnana SK –Sweden, Faith Ikidi of Pitea IF –Sweden, Onome Ebi of Atasehir Belediyesi Sports Club –Turkey, Rita Chikwelu of Umea IK – Sweden.
Others are Helen Ukaonu of Sunnana SK –Sweden, Uchechi Sunday of FC Neunkirch –Switzerland
The camp which will be in two phases will open tomorrow at the Millenium hotel Abuja while the second phase will be at Abeokuta,Ogun State.
Josephine Chukwunonye of Rivers Angels, Gladys Akpa of Sunshine Queens
Blessing Edoho of Rivers Angels.
Rose Umeh of Nasarawa Amazons, Chinaza Nhetewesi of Sunshine Queens, Augusta Egwim of Delta Queens, Osinachi Ohale of Delta Queens.
Desire Oparanozie of Delta Queens, Amenze Aighewi of Rivers Angels, Oshoala Asisat of FC Robo, Chioma Nwagwu of Sunshine Queens, Esther Edem of Sunshine Queens.
Maigari preaches collaboration, co-operation to NPL Board
President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Alhaji Aminu Maigari, has charged members of the board of the Nigeria Premier League to eschew rancour and mischief, and embrace the virtues of collaboration and co-operation in the interest of the domestic game.
Speaking during a courtesy visit by the board members of NPL to the NFF Secretariat in Abuja, Maigari, said he was very much interested in reconciliation of all parties and interests within the Nigeria game in order that everyone can work as one towards the progress of football in the land.
He said the board of NPL must work hard to redeem the image of the Nigerian as it was in the past where soccer fans visit match venues to watch leaguue matches than watching foreign league matches.
NPL chairman, Chief Rumson Victor Baribote thanked the NFF President for the Federation’s role in resolving the leadership impasse at the NPL and assured that the protracted crisis had made him a more matured persons.
He appealed to everyone whom he might have been offended by his action or the actions of other persons during the prolonged stalemate to forgive and forget.
Speaking during a courtesy visit by the board members of NPL to the NFF Secretariat in Abuja, Maigari, said he was very much interested in reconciliation of all parties and interests within the Nigeria game in order that everyone can work as one towards the progress of football in the land.
He said the board of NPL must work hard to redeem the image of the Nigerian as it was in the past where soccer fans visit match venues to watch leaguue matches than watching foreign league matches.
NPL chairman, Chief Rumson Victor Baribote thanked the NFF President for the Federation’s role in resolving the leadership impasse at the NPL and assured that the protracted crisis had made him a more matured persons.
He appealed to everyone whom he might have been offended by his action or the actions of other persons during the prolonged stalemate to forgive and forget.
ITF Closes Entries 29 September
International Tennis Federation, ITF, has given all players wishing to take part in the 11th edition of the Governor’s Cup Lagos Tennis Championship till Thursday, 29 September to file in their entries or forget about the tournament.
The competition, which is sponsored by FCMB and Etisalat, will hold at the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Onikan, from 15-30 October as the entries close today withdrawal deadline is fixed for Tuesday, 4 October.
The competition, which annually draws tennis players from more than 40 countries of the world with over 200 taking part, will have 32 draws on the Main Draws and 32 draws on the Qualifying Draws for both Futures 1 and 2.
A total package of $80,000 are for grabs in the championship with women's category gulping the sum of $50,000, while men's category gets $30,000.
The Men’s Singles of the first leg of the 10th edition held last year was won by Amir Weintraub of Israel who beat Karan Rastogi in straight sets of 6-4,7-5, while the Women’s Singles was won by Slovak Zuzana Kucova who defeated her French opponent, Natalie Piquion in straight sets of 6-2,6- luv.
The duo of Amir Weintraub and Boy Westerhof walked over Laurent Rochette of France and Diels Desein of Belgium to win the Men’s Doubles, while the pair of Nina Bratchikova of Russia and Agnes Satmari of Romania beat Anna Brazhnikova of Sweden 6-4, 6-3 to win the Women’s Doubles.
The second leg of the Men’s Singles was won Indian boy, Karan Rastogi, who upset South African Raven Klaffner in a game that ended 6-2, 6-7, 7-5. In the Women’s Singles, tournament favourite, Slovak Zuzana Kucova was stopped by Russian Nina Bratchikova in straight sets game of 7-5,6-1.
In the doubles finals, the pair of Boy Westerhof and Amir Weintraub beat Raven Klassen and Ruan Roelofse in 5-7, 6-4 (10-6) in the Men’s category, while women event was won by Karolina Kosinka and Melaine Klaffner after defeating the duo of Nina Bratchikova and Agnes Szatmari in 3-6,7-5(10-7) match.
Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, the Asoju Oba of Lagos, Chief Molade Okoya Thomas, CEO of Etisalat, Mr. Steve Evans and representative of the Managing Director of FCMB, Mr. Peter Obaseki were some of the dignitaries that graced the closing ceremony.
The competition, which is sponsored by FCMB and Etisalat, will hold at the Lagos Lawn Tennis Club, Onikan, from 15-30 October as the entries close today withdrawal deadline is fixed for Tuesday, 4 October.
The competition, which annually draws tennis players from more than 40 countries of the world with over 200 taking part, will have 32 draws on the Main Draws and 32 draws on the Qualifying Draws for both Futures 1 and 2.
A total package of $80,000 are for grabs in the championship with women's category gulping the sum of $50,000, while men's category gets $30,000.
The Men’s Singles of the first leg of the 10th edition held last year was won by Amir Weintraub of Israel who beat Karan Rastogi in straight sets of 6-4,7-5, while the Women’s Singles was won by Slovak Zuzana Kucova who defeated her French opponent, Natalie Piquion in straight sets of 6-2,6- luv.
The duo of Amir Weintraub and Boy Westerhof walked over Laurent Rochette of France and Diels Desein of Belgium to win the Men’s Doubles, while the pair of Nina Bratchikova of Russia and Agnes Satmari of Romania beat Anna Brazhnikova of Sweden 6-4, 6-3 to win the Women’s Doubles.
The second leg of the Men’s Singles was won Indian boy, Karan Rastogi, who upset South African Raven Klaffner in a game that ended 6-2, 6-7, 7-5. In the Women’s Singles, tournament favourite, Slovak Zuzana Kucova was stopped by Russian Nina Bratchikova in straight sets game of 7-5,6-1.
In the doubles finals, the pair of Boy Westerhof and Amir Weintraub beat Raven Klassen and Ruan Roelofse in 5-7, 6-4 (10-6) in the Men’s category, while women event was won by Karolina Kosinka and Melaine Klaffner after defeating the duo of Nina Bratchikova and Agnes Szatmari in 3-6,7-5(10-7) match.
Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, the Asoju Oba of Lagos, Chief Molade Okoya Thomas, CEO of Etisalat, Mr. Steve Evans and representative of the Managing Director of FCMB, Mr. Peter Obaseki were some of the dignitaries that graced the closing ceremony.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
